BROOMFIELD, Colo., Aug. 23, 2017 – As enterprises find new ways to take advantage of the scale and agility afforded by the cloud, many find they need a network experience that can match the flexibility of the virtual environments to which they are connecting. To meet this demand, Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LVLT) is making available a new self-serve capability as part of its Cloud Connect Solutions set for customers to maximize the potential of not just the cloud, but the networks connecting to it.
The new Level 3 Cloud Connect Solutions feature is a scalable Ethernet offering enabling customers to host multiple virtual local area networks (VLANs) on a single Ethernet Virtual Circuit (EVC) from their data centers to Amazon Web Services (AWS) with the AWS Direct Connect service, which helps businesses optimize their cloud-based workloads.
Discover how Level 3 Cloud Connect can make cloud access as flexible as the cloud: http://www.level3.com/-/media/files/brochures/en_dataserv_br_elynk.pdf.
- Level 3 is an AWS Direct Connect partner in the AWS Partner Network (APN). Level 3 Cloud Connect Solutions leverages AWS Direct Connect to provide private connection to AWS cloud.
- Level 3 Cloud Connect Solutions give customers the ability to add and remove VLANs to AWS, including the connections to their virtual private clouds in near real-time via the MyLevel3 portal or API.
- Customers can also share bandwidth across their Amazon virtual private cloud (Amazon VPC) instances.
- As a private, direct connection to the cloud, Level 3 Cloud Connect Solutions provide an additional layer of security for customers’ multi-cloud environments.
- When combined with Level 3 Adaptive Network Control Solutions, customers gain increased visibility and control, including granular, real-time reporting and the ability scale bandwidth up and down as business demands shift.
- Customers can access this scalable Ethernet offering across Level 3’s award-winning Metro 2.0 Ethernet footprint of nearly 290 markets in North America, EMEA and APAC.
Paul Savill, SVP of Core Products for Level 3
“Enterprises today are looking for any advantage to stay competitive in our digitally transformed world. Level 3 Cloud Connect Solutions is the next evolution in making the network experience like the cloud experience to put greater power and agility in customers’ hands.”
- Explore The Role of Adaptive Networking in Digital Transformation
- Learn How You Connect to the Cloud Matters
- Discover the Benefits of Flexible Connections to the Cloud
For more information on Level 3’s advanced network and service offerings, visit www.level3.com.
Some statements made in this press release are forward-looking in nature and are based on management’s current expectations or beliefs. These forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of performance and are subject to a number of uncertainties and other factors, many of which are outside Level 3’s control, which could cause actual events to differ materially from those expressed or implied by the statements. Important factors that could prevent Level 3 from achieving its stated goals include, but are not limited to, the company’s ability to: increase revenue from its services to realize its targets for financial and operating performance; develop and maintain effective business support systems; manage system and network failures or disruptions; avert the breach of its network and computer system security measures; develop new services that meet customer demands and generate acceptable margins; manage the future expansion or adaptation of its network to remain competitive; defend intellectual property and proprietary rights; manage risks associated with continued uncertainty in the global economy; manage continued or accelerated decreases in market pricing for communications services; obtain capacity for its network from other providers and interconnect its network with other networks on favorable terms; successfully integrate future acquisitions; effectively manage political, legal, regulatory, foreign currency and other risks it is exposed to due to its substantial international operations; mitigate its exposure to contingent liabilities; and meet all of the terms and conditions of its debt obligations. Additional information concerning these and other important factors can be found within Level 3’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Statements in this press release should be evaluated in light of these important factors. Level 3 is under no obligation to, and expressly disclaims any such obligation to, update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.