Barcelona, February 21, 2017 – GENBAND™, a leading provider of real time communications software solutions, today announced that it is collaborating with multiple NFV infrastructure ecosystem partners including Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) and Wind River on differentiated Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) solutions for service providers. These solutions will be showcased at Mobile World Congress 2017 in Barcelona, February 27 – March 2. One of the featured solutions includes a Multi-Cloud Voice over LTE (VoLTE) solution with GENBAND’s multiple Virtual Network Functions (VNFs) simultaneously deployed and elastically scaled with the GENBAND VNF Manager on the HPE Helion OpenStack Carrier Grade environment to instantly turn up services on multiple geo-distributed cloud environments. The GENBAND VNF Manager, a key component of ETSI NFV Management & Orchestration (MANO), provides full lifecycle management, automation and elasticity of GENBAND and third party VNFs.
GENBAND’s independently scalable control and media plane Session Border Controller (SBC) VNFs and VNF Manager will also be demonstrated on the Wind River Titanium Cloud, a fully-integrated, deployment-ready virtualization software platform, to showcase the secure and seamless interworking of real-time communications sessions at network borders. The virtualized SBC allows service providers to offer secure interconnect and access-based communications services including SIP Trunking and interconnects for VoLTE. In addition, GENBAND’s Analytics VNF, which offers improved network visibility with some of the most advanced monitoring capabilities on the market, allowing service providers to optimize network performance with predictive root-cause analysis and network capacity, will be highlighted on the Titanium Cloud platform.
“We are excited to leverage the HPE Helion OpenStack platform and Wind River Titanium Cloud for our MWC NFV demonstrations,” said Paul Miller, Chief Technology Officer for Network, GENBAND. “In addition to their carrier-grade capabilities both platforms offer the advanced support and high availability features that are needed for telco cloud deployments. NFV is all about closely working within ecosystems to enable service providers to bring differentiated services to market quickly with network and operational efficiencies.”
“NFV and Software Defined Networking (SDN) are game changers for service providers for VoLTE, 5G and IoT services – we are pleased to work with technology partners such as GENBAND to bring real-world solutions to market,” said Werner Schaefer, Vice President, Network Functions Virtualization, HPE. “GENBAND’s advanced VNF technology and applications running on the HPE Helion Carrier Grade platform allows us to efficiently deliver the best possible reliability and scale to service providers in an OpenStack virtualized environment.”
“We are working closely with GENBAND and other ecosystem partners to enable service providers to leverage NFV without sacrificing the reliability and performance required for telco networks,” said Charlie Ashton, Senior Director of Business Development for Software-defined Infrastructure for Wind River. “By collaborating with our Titanium Cloud ecosystem to provide interoperable networking services, we are together able to offer our CSP customers carrier-grade NFV solutions that combine GENBAND’s reliable VNFs with Wind River Titanium Cloud software.”
GENBAND also works closely with other leading industry NFV vendor and service provider ecosystems including Intel® Network Builders. GENBAND VNFs support Intel® architecture to deliver high performance NFV solutions to service providers.
- GENBAND will be showcasing several NFV solutions at Mobile World Congress with various ecosystem partners including HPE and Wind River.
- The GENBAND–HPE demonstration features dynamic deployments of network assets as virtual network functions into multiple virtualization environments allowing service providers to optimize network capacity and immediately respond to network traffic changes and demand, realizing significant cost savings.
- The GENBAND-Wind River demonstration highlights the integration of GENBAND’s virtualized SBC and Analytics application with the Wind River Titanium Cloud software environment to showcase secure and seamless interworking of real-time communications sessions and improved network visibility.
- GENBAND’s Virtual Network Functions (VNF) portfolio includes fully virtualized, high-performance communications signaling, control and media management including Session Border Controller, Advanced Media Software, Applications Server, WebRTC Gateway, Intelligent Messaging and Call Session Controller solutions.
- GENBAND’s VNF Manager provides lifecycle management of both GENBAND and third party VNFs, and contains features to enable operators to realize the CAPEX and OPEX benefits of NFV.
- GENBAND’s VNF portfolio is 100 percent Intel architecture-based.
The combined solutions will be demonstrated at GENBAND’s booth 2131 in Exhibition Hall 2. GENBAND will also be participating in the HPE OpenNFV Partner Showcase in Hall 3 Stand 3E11.