To help increase telecommunications service innovation while growing revenue and reducing costs, PT Telekomunikasi Indonesia (Telkom) has upgraded its service delivery platform (SDP) by implementing new releases of the Oracle Communications Service Delivery Platform product family. The improved platform will help the communications service provider (CSP) dramatically reduce the cost and time it takes to develop new mobile, broadband, and network applications and take its innovations to market.
- Today, Oracle announced that Telkom—the largest telecommunications and network service provider in Indonesia—deployed new releases of Oracle Communications Services Gatekeeper and Oracle Communications Converged Application Server, which are part of the Oracle Communications Service Delivery Platform product family. The company originally purchased these products during Oracle’s fiscal 2013 Q4.
- The solutions will enable Telkom to develop and deploy new next-generation telco and life-style services more quickly, enhancing the customer experience.
- Telkom will leverage the Oracle solutions to implement a new range of products and services such as SMS push alerts, content downloads via the cloud, and mobile payments.
- Telkom can launch these new features and extensions to its existing internet protocol (IP)-based communication services quickly and cost-effectively by utilizing the capabilities of the Oracle Communications Converged Application Server.
- With Oracle Communications Services Gatekeeper, Telkom can also more easily create unique content and user experiences; the solution helps manage and control third-party network access and usage, enabling Telkom to more easily work with external developers.
- Oracle Communications Consulting worked in conjunction with a Telkom subsidiary to implement the Oracle solutions. The CSP selected Oracle Communications Consulting based on its successful past implementations of the Oracle Communications Service Delivery Platform.
- “The telecommunications industry in Indonesia is rapidly maturing and evolving—an opportunity for us, but one that also puts us under pressure to keep up with increasing customer volume as well as demand for new products and services. With the solutions from the Oracle Communications Service Delivery Platform in place, we know we are ready to take on the growing traffic and transactions—and at the same time respond to customers with the new services they want,” said Tanto Suratno, head of SOA and SDP, PT Telekomunikasi Indonesia.
- “With the explosion of new emerging technologies, such as over-the-top content, CSPs face the challenge of delivering innovative IP-based communications services while also ensuring maximum profitability. The Oracle Communications Service Delivery Platform products will enable Telkom to improve time to market for new applications, thereby improving operational costs and maintaining its ongoing commitment to innovation,” said Steve Aulds, vice president of product development, Oracle Communications.
For more information about Oracle (NYSE:ORCL), visit oracle.com.