Overview of Taqua
- Taqua was founded in 1998 and enables the transformation of software-based service provider networks to deliver next-generation voice, video and messaging services, including Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), Voice over Wi-Fi (VoWiFi) and Voice over Long-Term Evolution (VoLTE).
- Taqua has over 400 next-generation IP Voice systems deployed worldwide, supporting over 4 million subscribers.
- Taqua has approximately 80 employees and is headquartered in Richardson, TX, with research and development facilities in Acton, MA; Hyannis, MA; San Jose, CA; and Richardson, TX.
Strategic Drivers of the Taqua Acquisition
- The acquisition is expected to accelerate Sonus’ mobile strategy by adding a Virtualized Mobile Core (VMC) Platform and an IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) Service Core.
- Taqua’s VMC combines standard functions required for VoLTE/VoWiFi solutions. Sonus provides both the critical SBC and the Diameter Edge/Core Router. This combination of products provides a complete solution for the evolving VoLTE/VoWiFi markets.
- The acquisition is expected to expand Sonus’ fixed portfolio by adding a Class 5 Softswitch (called T7000) for Network Transformation projects and a Multimedia Controller used in IP Peering applications (called T7100), both of which are complementary to Sonus’ current product offerings.
- The acquisition is well-aligned with Sonus’ growth strategy and network transformation initiatives.
- The acquisition is expected to strengthen Sonus’ position within key large customer RFPs.
Raymond P. Dolan, President and CEO of Sonus, commented, “The acquisition of Taqua adds to the top line opportunities for the current Sonus product portfolio in both the fixed line and mobile markets. Taqua’s Virtual Mobile Core (VMC) is particularly compelling, as it allows Sonus to increase penetration in the VoLTE and VoWiFi markets as those markets emerge and then ultimately converge based on a single, unified core network architecture.”
Dolan continued, “We are thrilled to welcome a talented Taqua team, which is widely regarded in the marketplace for outstanding innovation and customer focus. Together we will continue our leadership in software-based solutions allowing service providers and enterprises to enable a broad suite of cloud-based applications to communicate seamlessly across an all-IP, end-to-end network.”
Q Advisors LLC served as Taqua’s financial advisor and Bryan Cave LLP served as Taqua’s legal advisor. Bowen Advisors served as Sonus’ financial advisor and Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr LLP served as Sonus’ legal advisor.
About Sonus Networks
Sonus brings intelligence and security to real-time communications. By helping the world embrace the next generation of Cloud-based SIP and 4G/LTE solutions, Sonus enables and secures latency-sensitive, mission critical traffic for VoIP, video, instant messaging and online collaboration. With Sonus, enterprises can give priority to real-time communications based on smart business rules while service providers can offer reliable, comprehensive and secure on-demand network services to their customers. With solutions deployed in more than 100 countries and nearly two decades of experience, Sonus offers a complete portfolio of hardware-based and virtualized session border controllers (SBCs), diameter signaling controllers (DSCs), policy/routing servers, network intelligence applications, media and signaling gateways and network analytics tools. For more information, visit www.sonus.net or call 1-855-GO-SONUS.
Taqua is enabling the transformation to software-based service provider networks capable of delivering next generation voice, video and messaging services including VoIP, VoWi-Fi and VoLTE. Since 1998, Taqua’s software-based networking solutions have been deployed by hundreds of wireline, cable and wireless carriers to enable new services, drive new revenues and lower overall costs. Taqua is headquartered in Richardson, TX, with research and development facilities in Acton, MA Hyannis, MA San Jose, CA and Richardson, TX. More information on Taqua can be obtained on the website atwww.taqua.com.