WESTFORD, Mass., March 24, 2017 —
- Miercom performance testing validates Sonus Cloud Link’s ability to efficiently, securely and quickly deploy Microsoft® Skype for Business Cloud Connector Edition (CCE) at scale.
- Sonus signed an outbound license and distribution agreement with Microsoft, enabling Sonus to deliver CCE in its pre-packaged appliance at an unmatched price point and scale.
- Third-party Skype for Business experts highlight Sonus Cloud Link in industry publications, driving CCE deployments with Sonus Cloud Link.
Sonus Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: SONS), a global leader in securing Cloud and real-time communications, announced today that Miercom, a leading independent testing and certification firm, verified the performance and security of the Sonus Cloud Link solution. By combining this verification with the Microsoft outbound license and distribution agreement and in close collaboration with independent industry experts working with Sonus Cloud Link, Sonus is demonstrating its commitment to help partners and customers quickly and easily deploy Microsoft CCE for Office 365 Cloud PBX.
Miercom’s Performance and Security Assessment
Through extensive testing, Miercom concluded that Sonus Cloud Link:
- Reliably scales up to 500 simultaneous Skype for Business calls;
- Successfully protects against Denial of Service (DoS) and protocol fuzzing attacks on both private and public interfaces without any dropped calls;
- Integrates Skype for Business with third-party SIP equipment as well as legacy systems based on TDM and analog telephony; and
- Takes one hour to set up when using the CCE Configuration Wizard versus a multiple-hour manual setup effort.
Microsoft Distribution Agreement
Sonus recently signed an outbound license and distribution agreement with Microsoft. This agreement enables Sonus to sell Microsoft CCE code embedded on the Sonus Cloud Link appliance to its global partner and customer base at an unmatched price point and scale.
Guide to CCE for Cloud PBX with Sonus Cloud Link
Westcon Business Unit Leader for Microsoft UC and Microsoft MVP Thomas Poett provided a detailed CCE configuration guide of Sonus Cloud Link. Read the guide.
Skype for Business CCE Configuration Video with Sonus SBC
Office Servers and Services MVP Lasse Nordvik Wedø reviews best practices when configuring an SBC with CCE for PSTN connectivity. Watch the video.
“Sonus has the solution for appliance-based Microsoft CCE deployments, which makes it simple for customers to migrate to Office 365 Cloud PBX,” said Mykola Konrad, vice president, Product Management and Marketing, Sonus. “And with verification from Miercom, customers can be assured that Sonus Cloud Link will reliably secure their network in the most extreme network conditions without compromise.”
“The results from our test confirm that Sonus Cloud Link delivers impressive, incredibly reliable performance and security under the highest levels of network attacks,” said Robert Smithers, CEO, Miercom. “With an easy-to-use CCE Configuration Wizard, we can also confirm that Sonus Cloud Link is simple to deploy, in less than one hour. For these reasons, we are pleased to award Sonus Cloud Link the Miercom Performance Verified Certification.”
- Sonus will be attending Enterprise Connect at Booth 601.
- The full Sonus Session Border Controller portfolio is Skype for Business certified.
- The Sonus SBC 1000 and SBC 2000 received 2016 Unified Communications Product of the Year awards from TMCnet.
- Learn more about Sonus Cloud Link.
- Watch this short video to see how Sonus Cloud Link significantly reduces installation times up to 90 percent.
Sonus brings the next generation of Cloud-based SIP and 4G/VoLTE solutions to its customers by securing mission critical traffic for VoIP, video, IM and online collaboration. With Sonus, enterprises can secure and prioritize real-time communications, while service providers can deliver reliable, secure real-time services for mobile, UC and social applications. Sonus offers an award-winning portfolio of hardware-based and virtualized Session Border Controllers (SBCs), Diameter Signaling Controllers (DSCs), Policy/Routing servers and Media/Signaling gateways. Visit www.sonus.net or call 1-855-GO-SONUS. Follow Sonus on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram.
Important Information Regarding Forward-Looking Statements:
The information in this release contains forward-looking statements regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties. All statements other than statements of historical facts contained in this release are forward-looking statements. Our actual results may differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements. For further information regarding risks and uncertainties associated with Sonus’ business, please refer to the “Risk Factors” section of Sonus’ most recent annual or quarterly report filed with the SEC. Any forward-looking statements represent Sonus’ views only as of the date on which such statement is made and should not be relied upon as representing Sonus’ views as of any subsequent date. While Sonus may elect to update forward-looking statements at some point, Sonus specifically disclaims any obligation to do so.