One of Canada’s Largest VoIP Carriers Chooses Oracle’s Acme Packet Net-Net Session Director for Residential Voice and Business Communication Services
Redwood Shores, Calif. – October 16, 2013
To improve network security and quality, communications service provider (CSP) Iristel, will implement Oracle’s Acme Packet Net-Net Session Director. The solution will provide a single platform to support a wide range of voice over Internet protocol (VoIP) services, network elements and customer-premise equipment and end-points.
- Oracle today announced that Iristel, one of Canada’s largest VoIP carriers, has selected Oracle’s Acme Packet Net-Net Session Director session border controller to help protect, control and scale its IP-enabled communication services.
- CSPs must address security and service quality concerns that arise during the evolution to all-IP networks to maintain a competitive edge and high customer satisfaction. A sophisticated session border controller can help maintain a high-performing and secure network by enabling CSPs to deliver trusted, interactive communications services across network borders.
- Oracle’s Acme Packet Net-Net Session Director will enable Iristel to help ensure the security, availability and scalability of its residential VoIP, business VoIP, session initiation protocol (SIP) trunking and hosted private branch exchange (PBX) solutions and to protect and control SIP interconnects to other service providers.
- The solution enables straightforward integration with Iristel’s other VoIP infrastructure elements and will allow Iristel to offer support for a wide range of standards-based, end-user unified communications servers, IP-PBXs, IP phones and VoIP gateways to help ensure rapid new service deployment.
- Oracle’s Acme Packet Net-Net Session Director overcomes the scalability and reliability constraints of Iristel’s legacy session border control solution, and supports comprehensive load-balancing and session routing functions, which enables Iristel to help ensure high service availability.
- The solution provides protection against denial of service attacks, service overloads and other service-impacting events, offering the benefits of VoIP – lower costs, greater agility and choice – without compromising security, reliability or service quality.
- “Customer satisfaction is critical in the extremely competitive VoIP services market. The Net-Net Session Director helps us to deliver a uniform service offering across VoIP elements, which allows us to increase customer loyalty,” said Samer Bishay, founder and chief executive officer, Iristel.
- “Service providers across the globe are moving to all-IP networks to help eliminate cost and complexity. The Net-Net Session Director lets Iristel enjoy the benefits of VoIP, while maintaining the high service levels customers have come to expect from the public switched telephone network (PSTN),” said Bhaskar Gorti, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Communications.
More at http://www.oracle.com/us/industries/communications/index.html