Gains Share in Both Service Provider and Enterprise Markets
BEDFORD, MA–(Marketwire – Apr 25, 2012) – Acme Packet, the leader in session delivery networks, announced today that Infonetics Research Inc., a leading research firm, reports Acme Packet has increased market share in both enterprise and service provider session border controller (SBC) markets in calendar year 2011, according to two separate reports.
The first report, “Service Provider VoIP and IMS Equipment and Subscribers Quarterly Worldwide and Regional Market Share, Size, and Forecasts: 4Q11,” analyzed the service provider market and found that Acme Packet:
- Captured 56.9 percent of the service provider revenue share in CY 2011, up from 56.6 percent in 2010, making it the leading vendor in this segment.
- Led the market in service provider session share in CY 2011, growing from 45.1 percent in 2010 to 52.5 percent in 2011.
The second report, “Enterprise Session Border Controllers Biannual Worldwide and Regional Market Size and Forecasts,” cited Acme Packet’s dominance in the enterprise market. Specifically, Acme Packet:
- Captured 34.0 percent of the enterprise revenue share in CY 2011, up from 31.6 percent in 2010, making it the top vendor in this segment.
- Was the only leading enterprise SBC vendor to gain share in 2011.
“Acme Packet’s broad product portfolio, deep expertise in the SBC marketplace, and clear understanding of both service provider and enterprise customers helped it to continue to grow its business in 2011,” said Diane Myers, Directing Analyst, VoIP and IMS for Infonetics Research. “In an increasingly competitive market with an expanding list of players, Acme Packet gained share and retained its lead position in both the service provider and enterprise markets.”
Acme Packet has maintained its leadership status in the SBC market due to strong demand from its enterprise and service provider customers. Specifically:
- Acme Packet acquired 131 new service provider customers in 2011.
- Acme Packet has shipped more than 49 million active service provider SBC session licenses across more than 13,000 units.
- Acme Packet acquired 213 new enterprise customers in 2011.
- Acme Packet has shipped three million active enterprise SBC session licenses across 2,700 units.
- Acme Packet has more than 1,050 service provider customers, including 88 of the top 100 service providers worldwide and 19 of the top 25 Multiple System Operators (MSOs) worldwide.
- Acme Packet has nearly 550 enterprise customers, including 41 of the Fortune 100.
“As these numbers bear out in 2011, Acme Packet was able to demonstrate the strength of our offering across multiple customer segments and expand our role as a leader in next-generation communications infrastructure,” said Dino Di Palma, Acme Packet’s chief operating officer. “Looking ahead, Acme Packet is in an ideal position to help our service provider and enterprise customers address some of their most pressing challenges around IP-based communications.”