Although new EDR solutions are extremely valuable tools, they have a reputation for being costly and difficult to use, especially for organizations with limited cyber security expertise and resources. Masergy’s new service helps companies overcome these challenges by integrating leading-edge EDR technology into its Unified Enterprise Security Managed Detection and Response platform, offering these capabilities to customers in an affordable, consumption-based pricing model.
With Masergy’s unique implementation of MEDR, network behavioral alerts are automatically populated with endpoint security data. This provides rich security context via a single “pane-of-glass.” Masergy’s expert security analysts working in its 24/7 global Security Operations Center (SOC) can rapidly assess suspicious endpoint activity patterns on customer networks and initiate the appropriate response actions.
These network traffic patterns can be an indicator that a sophisticated attacker is trying to establish an endpoint “beachhead” from which to attack more valuable assets, such as databases and servers.
“Endpoint detection and response is a critical part of a company’s security preparedness but many do not have the in-house expertise to implement this technology,” said Amy DeCarlo, Global Data Principal Analyst for Security and Data Center Service. “A managed service approach allows IT organizations to cost effectively add this capability to their security defenses. Masergy’s turnkey Managed Endpoint Detection and Response service helps security professionals rapidly detect and respond to threats and improve security outcomes.”
MEDR features include:
- An integrated suite of detection and response security tools
- State-of-the-art machine learning-enabled security analytics
- Expert security analysts to review and triage all endpoint alerts, investigating any indicators of compromise and containing the security incident through endpoint quarantine or kill
- Well-defined process integration between Masergy’s SOC and the customer’s security team to ensure optimal security outcomes
- Pricing that includes 24/7 continuous EDR alert monitoring and response, as well as bundled monthly Threat Hunting hours for highly proactive threat defense
Hackers continue to find new paths to get past prevention-only tools via cloud services, mobile devices and even business partner emails,” said Jay Barbour, Masergy’s Director of Security Protection Management. “Consequently, customers need to add detection and response to ensure their security efforts are not futile. Masergy’s MEDR service enhances companies’ security postures, even those with limited experience with endpoint detection.”
Join Masergy for a live webcast on August 22nd at 9am CST and 1pm CST to learn more about the new security service. Please register at maser.gy/managed-edr-webinar
Learn more about Masergy.