– Income from Operations of $15 Million, up from $9 Million
– Adjusted OIBDA of $41 Million, a 21% increase
– Raises 2016 Vonage Business Revenue Guidance to $374 – $377 Million
– Raises Consolidated Adjusted OIBDA Guidance to $158 – $160 Million
HOLMDEL, N.J., Oct. 26, 2016 — Vonage Holdings Corp. (NYSE: VG), a leading provider of Cloud Communications for Business, today announced results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2016.
Third Quarter Consolidated Financial Results
For the third quarter of 2016, Vonage reported revenues of $248 million, up from $223 million in the year ago quarter. GAAP Income from Operations was $15 million, up from $9 million in the prior year. Adjusted Operating Income Before Depreciation and Amortization (“Adjusted OIBDA”)1 for the third quarter was $41 million, up from $34 in the prior year period. GAAP net income was $9 million or $0.04 per share, up from $3 million or $0.02 per share in the year ago quarter. Adjusted net income2 was $19 million or $0.09 per share, up from $11 million or $0.05 per share in the year ago quarter.
“Our results reflect good progress integrating our acquisitions and building a winning product and go-to-market value proposition for our customers,” said Vonage CEO Alan Masarek. “The significant investments in Vonage Business continue to support our growth initiatives, highlighted by 86% revenue growth in the third quarter. Our disciplined focus on profitability continues to produce strong results, highlighted by a 21% increase in adjusted OIBDA.”
Mr. Masarek continued, “We are very pleased with the progress we’ve made executing on our strategy to be the Clear Leader in Business Cloud Communications. The integration of our UCaaS and CPaaS solutions will create the most vertically integrated communications company in our industry, with the scale and capabilities to provide better outcomes for our business customers.”
Third Quarter Operating Results
- Vonage Business revenue, which includes $24 million of Nexmo revenue, was $106 million, an 86% year-over-year increase on a GAAP basis.
- Ending seats at Vonage Business were 616,000, up from 514,000 seats in the year ago quarter, a 20% increase.
- Vonage Business revenue churn was 1.4%, compared to 1.3% in the year ago quarter.
- The Vonage API platform, formerly Nexmo, launched its next generation voice application interface, effectively doubling the Company’s addressable market in CPaaS by opening up the broader, programmable voice market.
- Revenue from Consumer Services was $142 million, compared to $166 million in the prior year period. This decline is consistent with the Company’s strategy to optimize the profitability of Consumer Services, while redeploying capital into the high-growth Business Cloud Communications sector.
- Consumer customer churn improved to 2.2%, down from 2.3% in the year ago quarter.
Vonage continues to execute on its strategy to develop innovative technologies and to protect its valuable intellectual property. The Company was granted 11 new patents in the third quarter and now owns 132 U.S. patents, with 200 U.S. patent applications pending, along with many foreign patents and pending applications in jurisdictions worldwide.
The Company is updating its 2016 full year guidance due to greater visibility on its full year results. Vonage continues to expect consolidated annual GAAP revenue of $950 to $960 million. Within this, the Company is raising guidance for Vonage Business revenues to a range of $374 to $377 million, up from $365 to $370 million. Adjusted OIBDA is expected to be in the range of $158 to $160 million, up from “at least $150 million.”
Conference Call and Webcast
Management will host a webcast discussion of the third quarter 2016 on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 at 8:30 AM Eastern Time. To participate, please dial (877) 359-9508 approximately 10 minutes prior to the call. International callers should dial (224) 357-2393.
The webcast will be broadcast live through Vonage’s Investor Relations website at http://ir.vonage.com. A replay of the call and webcast will be available shortly after the conclusion of the call and may be accessed through Vonage’s Investor Relations website at http://ir.vonage.com or by dialing (855) 859-2056. International callers should dial (404) 537-3406. The replay passcode is 91321658.
(1) This is a non-GAAP financial measure. Refer below to Table 3 for a reconciliation to GAAP income from operations.
(2) This is a non-GAAP financial measure. Refer below to Table 4 for a reconciliation to GAAP net income.