HOLMDEL, N.J., Oct. 18, 2016 — Vonage (NYSE: VG), a leading provider of Cloud Communications services for Business, was recently granted 19 new patents by the United States Patent and Trademark Office. The Company now owns 132 U.S. patents, with more than 200 U.S. patent applications pending, along with many foreign patents and pending applications in jurisdictions worldwide.
“We’ve continued the strong growth of our patent portfolio in 2016 with new patents covering improvements across many key areas of our business services, including workflow integration, security, mobile and messaging enhancements, advanced call processing and voice quality,” said Chief Legal Officer Kurt Rogers. “Vonage’s legacy of and ongoing commitment to innovation and excellence in communications is reflected by our growing patent portfolio, and provides competitive advantages as we enter new markets with advanced services, including programmable communications through Vonage’s Nexmo API platform.”
Vonage’s newly-issued patents include:
- One patent relating to the integration between communications services and third-party applications (U.S. Pat. No. 9,401,997).
- Five patents that cover enhancements to security for users and service providers, including detection and resolution of fraudulent messaging and call activity (U.S. Pat. Nos. 9,419,988 and 9,426,302), and identification of “spoofed” messages (U.S. Pat. No. 9,356,953).
- Six patents covering various mobile and messaging features, including seamless wireless handover (U.S. Pat. No. 9,451,507), and enabling users to choose which sender ID to display with outgoing messages (U.S. Pat. No. 9,462,136).
- Five patents related to advanced call processing features, including an algorithm for intelligently reconnecting two parties to a recently terminated phone call that are trying to call each other back at the same time (U.S. Pat. No. 9,444,944).
- Two patents for improvements to quality-of-service, including a device that automatically allocates bandwidth between voice and non-voice applications to ensure that voice quality is maintained on calls (U.S. Pat. No. 9,461,844).
For more information, visit www.vonage.com.