RICHARDSON, Texas (Monday, September 8, 2014) – VOSS Solutions today announced that the company has extended the scope of its UC Migration Solution to support the complex and multi-faceted requirements of communications migration projects.
VOSS has taken the sophisticated ETL (extract, transform, and load) technology from the “big data” industry and successfully enhanced it to suit the unique demands of a UC migration process. The methodology used at VOSS is a DETVL (discover, extract, transform, validate, and load) approach that automatically and rapidly processes massive amounts of complex data, with very high rates of accuracy, through the following core phases:
- Discover & Design – User and device data is mined and analyzed from a wide cross-section of multiple legacy system vendors and heterogeneous systems. A data audit is produced to enable the optimization of the data extraction and design of the transformation processes.
- Extract – Deep data extraction of user, device and advanced IPT settings. Automated cleaning and normalization of the data; all from multiple data sources and data types.
- Transform – Intelligent data transformation and enrichment of the collected data, using advanced business logic to configure rich UC services on a fully customized basis.
- Validate – Web-based access to the data to authenticate it in real-time ahead of loading. Data validation can be performed by end-customer site champions, through secure access control.
- Load – Automated, batch-based loading to the new UC network elements, ready for site cutover. Re sync of originally extracted data can be performed prior to cutover to eliminate data-currency issues.
At the heart of the VOSS UC Migration Solution is the MiGR8-2-UC product (rebranded from the VOSS On-boarding Toolset, OBT); a highly sophisticated product that harnesses a DETVL methodology, to discover, extract, transform, validate, and load large volumes of data, to automate a UC migration project, saving organizations both time and budget.
Rob Moore, VP Global Services at VOSS, commented; “We’re excited about this evolution to our migration capabilities, as it solves a problem that all of our customers face at some stage in the lifecycle of their UC environment”. He continued; “MiGR8-2-UC supports multiple migration scenarios, such as TDM PBX to IP-PBX, TDM PBX to UC, IP-PBX to UC, or UC to UC. And, it also supports the widest range of legacy vendor technologies, covering: Cisco, Avaya, Nortel, Alcatel, Siemens, Ericsson, NEC, Mitel, Lync, etc.”
A number of high profiles organizations have already used the VOSS UC Migration Solution, with impressive results. These companies include a leading bank in Australia, a large industrial corporation in the USA, UK-based and US-based financial institutions, and many of the world’s leading telcos who are adopting VOSS’ big data approach for mass migrations to the cloud.
To find out more about the VOSS UC Migration Solution, please email visit http://www.voss-solutions.com/solutions/migration/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org.