- Mitel offers 40 percent off retail for E-Rate funded services
- Limited-time offer for leveraging E-Rate funding transition
- Leading schools choose Mitel for simplified communications
DALLAS, Dec. 9, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Mitel® (Nasdaq:MITL) (TSX:MNW), a global leader in real-time business, cloud and mobile communications, is offering an incentive of 40 percent off retail for E-Rate funded purchases to help K-12 schools realize the benefits of implementing a cloud-based solution before government funding for these voice services phases out in 2019.
Cloud-based platforms provide a secure, low cost solution with superior quality and reliability. Mitel’s cloud-based solutions earn high marks from education customers. Following recent deployments, more school districts report better communications among staff, greater productivity, and improved interaction with students and the community.
- Illinois’ West Aurora School District 129 worked with Mitel partner Sound Incorporated to roll out a hosted cloud solution to support communications across 20 buildings, bypassing building constraints, saving money and freeing up IT personnel. The staff of 1,800 also gained access to productivity-enhancing features for better serving its 12,000-member student body.
- Replacing an outdated system, Raytown Quality Schools in Missouri selected a Mitel solution to give its staff of 1,300 the ability to easily connect and collaborate with each other, the district’s 8,800 students, parents and the community. Mitel partner Allegiant deployed the solution, which also included MiCollab mobile client capabilities for communicating on the go.
- Another Mitel customer in Illinois, Wauconda Community Unit School District 118, used a Mitel solution to standardize and simplify technology across six schools for a staff of 500, supporting 4,000 students. Mitel partner MidCo, Inc. helped implement a hosted cloud solution that unifies and streamlines messaging, provides a single portal for making changes and gets new teachers up and running quickly.
“We wanted to standardize communications. A lot of our buildings didn’t even have voicemail. Everything was coming through the main office and notes were being left in mailboxes. That’s one of the greatest benefits of Mitel’s system—it allows us to communicate better internally, with students and the community,” said Scott Cittadino, assistant superintendent of Technology, Wauconda Community Unit School District 118.
“Schools are turning to the cloud to modernize and standardize as they look to simplify communications, lower cost of ownership, acquire more features and increase reliability. Mitel’s education solutions also help them ultimately derive value from the practical application of empowering staff, improving parents’ involvement, enhancing safety and enabling better student outcomes,” said Wes Durow, chief marketing officer, Mitel.
- Nearly One out of Four New Cloud Communications Users Chooses Mitel
- Mitel is globally recognized as a Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications
- Mitel is the fastest growing cloud provider with more than 1.6 million subscribers
- Prepare for the 2016 E-Rate funding year
- Get a snapshot look at Mitel’s work with West Aurora School District 129 and Wauconda Community Unit School District 118
- See more of Mitel’s education communications solutions
- Learn about Mitel Youth Education Program
- Discover “How Cloud Communications Is Opening Up Possibilities”
- Find out how to “Put Together a Winning Cloud Lineup“