New Services Give Customers and Partners Subscription-Based Access to Oracle’s Industry-Leading Enterprise Applications, Middleware and Database
SAN FRANCISCO, CA–(Marketwire – Oct 5, 2011) – ORACLE OPENWORLD — Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL
) – During his keynote presentation today, Oracle CEO Larry Ellison announced the Oracle Public Cloud
, a broad set of best-in-class, integrated services that provide customers with subscription-based, self-service access to Oracle Fusion Applications
, Oracle Fusion Middleware
and Oracle Database
, all completely managed, hosted and supported by Oracle.
- The Oracle Public Cloud includes Oracle Fusion Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Cloud Service, Oracle Fusion Human Capital Management (HCM) Cloud Service, Oracle Social Network, Oracle Java Cloud Service and Oracle Database Cloud Service.
- The Oracle Public Cloud runs on Oracle Engineered Systems, providing customers and partners with a high-performance, reliable, elastic, and secure infrastructure for their critical business applications.
- The Oracle Public Cloud is the only public cloud that offers customers a complete range of business applications and technology solutions, avoiding the problems of data and business process fragmentation when customers use multiple siloed public clouds.
- The Oracle Public Cloud is the only public cloud offering that provides customers with truly flexible deployment by enabling them to run the exact same business applications in the cloud and on-premise.
- Customers can also take existing standard Java and Oracle Database applications and deploy them to the Oracle Public Cloud without rewriting them, allowing them to take advantage of their existing IT assets, skills and ecosystems.
- Pricing for the Oracle Public Cloud will be based on a monthly subscription model, and each service can be purchased independently of other services.
- The Oracle Public Cloud provides many common services, including resource management and isolation, security, data exchange and integration, virus scanning, white list management, and centralized self-service monitoring.
- Customers who are interested in Oracle’s Public Cloud, want to learn about its services, or register to use these services can do so at http://cloud.oracle.com.
Comprehensive Platform Is Open and Integrated to Work Together
The Oracle Public Cloud offers self-service, subscription-based access to Oracle Fusion Applications, Oracle Fusion Middleware and Oracle Database as a service, including:
- Oracle Fusion CRM Cloud Service: designed to be effective, efficient and easy to use, Oracle Fusion Customer Relationship Management (CRM) delivers integrated sales and marketing with sales performance management that enables companies to generate more quality sales opportunities, increase their win rate and gain faster time to value.
- Oracle Fusion HCM Cloud Service: built from the ground up to help customers do things their way, know their people better and work as a team, Oracle Fusion Human Capital Management (HCM) rethinks the business of HR to provide value to every person in an organization — from HR professionals to employees and managers.
- Oracle Social Network: an enterprise collaboration and social networking solution with a broad range of social tools designed to capture and share information amongst teams in the context of business processes and enterprise applications (such as CRM and HCM). Oracle Social Network enables natural conversations and jump-starts productivity with purposeful social networking without the noise of unrelated or random social conversations.
- Oracle Database Cloud Service: enterprise database service based on the industry’s #1 database,Oracle Database, providing access to database schemas, application development tools, data loading services, Web Services APIs, and a set of packaged business productivity applications.
- Oracle Java Cloud Service: enterprise platform for developing, deploying and managing business-criticalJava Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE) applications based on Oracle WebLogic Server, the industry’s #1 application server. Supports development and deployment from multiple Java IDEs, including Oracle JDeveloper, NetBeans and Eclipse.
- All Oracle Public Cloud services have a unified self-service user interface for provisioning, monitoring and managing all services.
“The Oracle Public Cloud is a little different,” said Oracle CEO Larry Ellison. “The Oracle Public Cloud is both a platform as a service and applications as a service. The key difference is the Oracle Public Cloud is based on industry standards and supports full interoperability with other clouds and your datacenter on premise.”
More at http://www.oracle.com